It’s 1995. A brand new firm named eBay simply launched, together with a brand new media format known as a DVD. The common American person sends about 0.4 texts per thirty days. Times certain have modified.
Fast ahead to at this time.
There are a plethora of on-line retailers with broad product assortments to fulfill even probably the most particular purchaser searches. DVDs are outdated and changed with streaming and on-demand content material. The common American smartphone person sends round 20 textual content messages a day.*
Not solely do folks textual content extra often with household and mates, however they’re additionally texting with corporations. SMS advertising is rising in reputation, and prospects are longing for extra two-way textual content messaging with companies.
So is SMS advertising efficient? With a lot data on the market, we’ve compiled a very powerful textual content message advertising statistics for you. Keep studying for a deep dive into the highest stats for enterprise textual content messaging.
Business textual content messaging is rising.
Text messaging isn’t new. We’ve been doing it for nearly 30 years now. But with our emails stuffed with junk and other people extra connected to their telephones than ever, textual content messaging is rising as a excessive ROI advertising instrument.
Notably, smartphone use continues to rise. The variety of smartphone customers within the United States alone is anticipated to attain 301.65 million in 2022, in accordance to Statista, and the Pew Research Center stories that 81% of the U.S. owns a smartphone. There’s no denying that folks reside digital-first lives.
Mobile units have given shoppers the power to search, store, and uncover 24/7, forcing corporations to reimagine the client journey. And corporations that fail to present high-touch and high-tech experiences get left behind.
Messaging affords simply that: A buyer expertise that matches with fashionable existence. Customers get easy and handy interactions with companies, and companies get a cost-efficient and extra significant method to join with prospects.
Americans are connected to their telephones.
Phones are how we keep linked to the world round us. The majority of Americans spend their waking (and sleeping) hours subsequent to their telephones. It’s our go-to for all the pieces. Phone calls, certain, however telephones additionally present social and emotional connections, leisure, networking instruments, healthcare recommendation, and entry to an countless quantity of data.
A Reviews.org survey recognized some staggering statistics about our cellphone utilization:
- Americans verify their telephones roughly each 4 minutes. That’s 344 occasions per day, on common, and a 31% enhance from 2021.
- 71% of Americans say they verify their telephones throughout the first 10 minutes of waking up.
- 70% of Americans verify their telephones inside 5 minutes of receiving a notification.
- 61% have texted somebody in the identical room as them earlier than.
- 41% of individuals even admitted to checking their cellphone on a date.
And our cellphone dependence is simply rising. The U.S. reached a brand new app-usage excessive of 4.2 hours, up from 3.9 in Q2 2021, in accordance to a report from knowledge.ai.
What do these stats inform us about your advertising efforts? Anything mobile-friendly or mobile-first goes to get the eye of your prospects. It’s straightforward to ignore emails however more durable to miss a textual content notification.
You can’t sleep on textual content messaging.
Texting has turn out to be a part of our each day lives. It’s an off-the-cuff, quick, and environment friendly method to join with folks. (You can work and have a textual content dialog, however you possibly can’t chat on the cellphone.)
The numbers are really staggering. 2.2 trillion MMS and SMS textual content messages had been despatched within the U.S. in 2020, stories Statista. There’s no denying that textual content messaging is a well-liked type of communication that’s right here to keep.
What about enterprise textual content messaging?
Business textual content messaging can be on the rise. In 2020, enterprise messaging site visitors hit 3.5 trillion. That’s up from 3.2 trillion in 2019, a 9.4% 12 months over 12 months enhance, stories Juniper Research.
Even although we’ve been utilizing it for years, this reveals how widespread the adoption and development of textual content messaging have turn out to be.
How efficient is SMS advertising?
Do folks actually learn textual content messages from companies? Yes!
Business textual content messaging nonetheless far outperforms the typical e mail open charge. In 2022 the typical e mail open charge throughout industries is 29.55%, and click-through charges are 1.27%, stories Smart Insights.
Key SMS advertising statistics to know.
Customers are longing for extra choices to work together with companies over textual content messaging.
Here are some enlightening statistics from Forbes:
- It takes the typical particular person 90 minutes to reply to an e mail however solely 90 seconds to reply to a textual content message.
- 64% of shoppers consider that companies ought to use SMS messages to work together with prospects extra typically than they at present do.
- 74% of consumers report an improved general impression of companies that work together with them by way of textual content messaging.
- 70% of consumers agree that utilizing SMS textual content messaging is an efficient method for a corporation to get their consideration.
And why are prospects opting into textual content messaging?
- 77% of consumers decide right into a model’s textual content messages for coupons or offers.
- 50% mentioned private alerts.
- 48% mentioned they wished to be within the loop.
- 33% wished extra significant content material.
The influence of SMS textual content messaging on customer support.
Messaging allows prospects to get the service they need in a quick, handy method that places them accountable for the dialog. The means to textual content message companies has turn out to be greater than a pleasant to have—it’s a buyer expertise should.
Quiq commissioned Market Strategies International to conduct an unbiased analysis examine into cellular messaging and its rising worth as a customer support channel—and we discovered some convincing outcomes:
- 70% of respondents need to use cellular messaging to troubleshoot a difficulty, and 64% to make a purchase order or reserving.
- 66% of shoppers rank cellular messaging as their first or second selection to contact an organization.
- 66% of respondents rank messaging as their most popular channel for contacting an organization.
- 66% of respondents would pay extra for a product/service supported by messaging—a mean of 17% extra.
When it comes to gross sales, expertise is all the pieces. Salesforce emphasised the significance of the client expertise of their 2020 report:
- 79% of shoppers say a enterprise’s expertise is as necessary as their items or providers.
- 71% of consumers say they’ve made buy choices based mostly on the standard of customer support.
Top manufacturers see tangible outcomes from messaging.
Companies have elevated gross sales, diminished prices, and improved buyer satisfaction by utilizing textual content messaging. These outcomes span corporations of all sizes and industries resembling monetary providers, retail, client providers, and lots of extra.
We know prospects like texting, however what do companies assume? The advantages are clear. eMarketer stories:
- 62% of companies say prospects prefer it.
- 58% mentioned it diminished their prices in contrast to voice-only.
- 48% mentioned it improved buyer satisfaction.
- 35% mentioned it improved their Net-Promoter Score®.
Quiq shoppers have additionally seen great outcomes utilizing SMS textual content messaging to attain out to their prospects. Here are just some of the success tales:
- Overstock.com achieved greater engagement charges with textual content messaging’s 98% open charges.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort skilled a 75% discount in cellphone calls due to its give attention to textual content messaging.
- Brinks Home Security transformed 10% of their cellphone calls to textual content messages whereas realizing a 14 ppt uptick in CSAT.
Text messaging: Good in your backside line.
The statistics inform us that textual content messaging is a extremely efficient method to talk together with your prospects whereas additionally saving your buyer heart money and time.
One factor stays clear: Customers want and anticipate corporations to present merchandise, providers, and assist in probably the most handy method to them. Join different corporations which have enthusiastically embraced textual content messaging and begin seeing actual outcomes.