Can you imagine it? Another yr is nearly at an finish. It looks like just a few quick weeks since we had been basking within the heat of summer time, however the busy vacation season has arrived and winter is making its presence felt throughout the province.
As we glance in the direction of the vacation season and an thrilling yr to come back, we’re feeling nostalgic for the yr that was. It was a busy 12 months at Small Business BC, with a lot of thrilling new sources, the re-opening of our workplace to the general public, and the long-awaited return of in-person occasions.
Let’s try a few of our highlights.
It was a yr during which the worst of the pandemic was left behind, however our small enterprise group confronted an entire new set of challenges. Whether it was inflation, provide chain, or staffing points, BC’s entrepreneurs wanted to be nimble and artistic of their operations. We had been frequently impressed by the ingenuity and laborious work they displayed to maintain servicing their communities.
We’d like to precise our gratitude to everybody who supported this group of entrepreneurs, and we’re proud to have performed an element in servicing so many. Here are a few of our numbers for 2022:
- 3.1 million entrepreneurs and small enterprise homeowners helped by means of our on-line sources
- 67,000 + members of our BC group interacted with us on social media
- Over 11,000 entrepreneurs supported in 149 webinars – together with 24 webinars with devoted ASL and closed captioning
- 38,000+ votes, 636 nominations and 88 communities represented in our Small Business BC Awards
- 3,400+ shoppers helped by our one-on-one consultations
- 4,400+ companies registered and promoted on our BC Marketplace
My crew just lately requested if I might write an end-of-year message, “however that’s unimaginable,” I mentioned to myself. “It can’t already be December, can it?!”
When I used to be youthful, my mother would at all times inform me to “not want time away as a result of it already goes too quick.” But that’s powerful from a toddler’s standpoint, particularly when they’re ready for vacation break. As I grew older, I continued to attempt to fast-forward life to get by means of last exams; go on trip; and soar by means of bureaucratic hoops to get my enterprise began.
When I replicate on the occasions of this previous yr, I notice the significance to reside the life and work with the circumstances with which we’ve been offered. Those moments flip into recollections for which we could be grateful – capturing these moments in our ideas, in pictures and writing.
Small Business BC and our shoppers have many recollections for which to be grateful this previous yr, together with:
- SBBC partnering with Immigrant Services Society of BC to attach small companies with newcomers to Canada by means of SmartMove;
- After years of preparation, SBBC was finally chosen as certainly one of two directors for the Canada Digital Adoption Program to supply over $20 million in grants and help for small companies to develop their on-line enterprise;
- Our 19th Annual Small Business BC Awards befell just about in April and for the primary time, our prize cash to the top-three winners totalled $15,000;
- We launched our on-demand E-Learning platform, permitting enterprise homeowners the pliability to take self-directed programs wherever, anytime; and,
- We held our first-in particular person occasion in additional than two years with almost 300 attendees at our Build. Grow. Thrive. day of training and networking.
Upon reflection, there are such a lot of extra recollections for which to be grateful. Going ahead, I’ll remind myself that it’s okay to stay up for life occasions in anticipation, however I have to cease wishing away time as a result of it’s a treasured, restricted useful resource with immeasurable worth.
I dedicate this end-of-year message gratefully to my crew at Small Business BC. None of these recollections might have been created, nor would they imply something, with out each-and-every certainly one of them.
Wishing you and yours the perfect for the approaching yr,
Tom Conway, CEO, Small Business BC
SBBC Holiday Opening Hours
Small Business BC’s workplace will likely be closed for the vacations from shut of enterprise on Friday, December twenty third to Tuesday, January third, 2023.
Happy Holidays from the Small Business BC crew.