Ready to register your start-up enterprise?
Registering a enterprise in BC is comparatively simple, however first you could resolve if your organization construction will probably be a proprietorship, partnership or company.
Once you’ve settled on an organization construction, the first step of registering your small business is title reservation. You can apply for as much as three names on one software, and it’s best to completely analysis your title decisions earlier than submitting your software. Research your title decisions at www.bcregistrynames.gov.bc.ca/nro.
Once you will have researched your title decisions you may submit the title reservation software by continuing to Step 3 on www.bcregistrynames.gov.bc.ca/nro. Alternatively, you may print the title request software kind and submit it by means of the Small Business BC workplace or mail it on to the Corporate Registry with fee.
- You can submit the kind on-line for a charge of $31.58 payable by MasterCard or Visa.
- You can submit the kind although the Small Business BC workplace for a charge of $50 +GST payable by money, debit, MasterCard or Visa.
- You can mail the kind on to the Corporate Registry for a charge of $30 payable by cheque or cash order.
The processing time varies relying on the way you submit your software. If you submit it on-line or in-person, processing time is approx. 5–8 enterprise days, and if you’re mailing the software it often takes an extra week.
Once your small business title has been processed and authorized, you may file the enterprise registration software.
To register a proprietorship or partnership in BC:
- You can submit the registration on-line at www.bcbusinessregistry.ca for a charge of $40. Processing time will take roughly quarter-hour.
- You can submit your registration in-person at Small Business BC with the help of a enterprise officer for a charge of $99 +GST. Processing time is the similar as when submitting by yourself on-line, however you’ll additionally get a one-on-one session with a enterprise officer. You can submit a paper copy of registration kind by mail on to the Corporate Registry for a charge of $40. Processing time will take roughly 2 weeks.
- You can submit a paper copy of registration kind by mail on to the Corporate Registry for a charge of $40. Processing time will take roughly 2 weeks.
To register a provincial company in BC:
- You should submit the software on-line at www.corporateonline.gov.bc.ca for a charge of $351.58. Processing time is prompt, however paper copies of your incorporation certificates and unique software will probably be mailed to you.
- If you don’t want to submit the software on-line, you’ll then must contact a lawyer to do it for you.
Once you will have efficiently registered your organization it’s possible you’ll now apply for any extra licenses and permits your small business requires, similar to a enterprise license, a enterprise quantity, or PST and GST. Visit www.bcbizpal.ca for an in depth itemizing.
Got Questions? Contact the SBBC Team
If you’re discovering any a part of the enterprise registration course of complicated, contact Small Business BC’s Business Advisors and so they’ll be joyful to assist.